Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Easy Cooking: Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa

I really should start taking pictures of the food, but after cooking and putting Cara down for a nap (so there's always a lot of crying when I'm prepping dinner), and Colin whining for me to play with him, I just don't feel like pulling the camera to take pictures.

But I should try.

Anyway, I digress. Tonight's dinner was DELICIOUS. and oh so simple. and healthy too!!!

It was easy because I have a tool. It's called the 'Quick Chopper 2000'. It sounds so gimmicky, and... it is. I always fall for it - the little booth with the salesperson on a microphone, selling their product, and then sampling all the millions of different things you can make with it. It was about 3 years ago we were at The Bay, and we fell for it. The lady was demonstrating the Quick Chopper 2000, and she made salsa with it (but you can make other things... that can be chopped up) but because Joe LOVES salsa, we just call it our $20 salsa maker.

What is it? pretty much a manual food processor. I know, we're lame. MANUAL. But it still works the same, so here goes the recipe:

- Fish (I got red snapper, but any white fish should do)
- Soft Taco Shells
- Lettuce
- Salsa

Salsa recipe (and I just dump everything into my QC2000, but in your case you can do it in your food processor, or hand chop):
- 1 really ripe mango
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- quarter of an onion
- quarter of bell pepper
- handful of cilantro
- 1 juiced lime
- and if you want it spicy, just add jalapeno peppers to it
- salt

(of course, all these are coarse measurements... I rarely follow exact measurements so use what you have, add it, don't add it up to you!)

1. make the salsa
2. cook the fish, season it with salt and pepper and you're good to fry it in a little bit of oil.
3. slice the lettuce, and if you want add sour cream, avocado... whatever you add to your tacos!

it's really yummy, and Colin even loved it (i melted cheese in his to make the taco stick together). family friendly, and if you prep enough salsa you can have leftovers for days to come!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment