Friday, June 3, 2011

Best Diaper Bag Alternative

You've heard the saying - someone's trash is someone else's treasure. In this case, Joe's dud purchase from Deal Extreme was the best find so far this month! (okay, so it's only June 3rd, but it's still a great find).

Our business ChicGeek Photography has been booming, and Joe has been looking for camera bags to carry all of his gear now. His first place to search is usually Deal Extreme because... all great and cheap things come from China - free shipping.

Well, he's learned that all (and I really mean everything you can think of) great and cheap things under $20 come from Deal Extreme. He didn't like his most recent purchase, and stowed it away thinking it was useless.

I, however, am female, and love bags. Being a mom, you graduate from the love of purses, to the love of diaper bags. I found this so-called 'dud' and started investigating. I looked at the bag, it had compartments (many many compartments), a shoulder strap and handle straps, easy access, and the ability to sit flat on the floor without flopping over. It was a wonder to me why I had never thought of this before.... but camera bags make the PERFECT diaper bags.

Diaper bags cost a pretty penny. Rip-off camera bags from China, however, do not. So, if you're on the hunt for practical bags (and if fashion is not your priority after shooting out some babies) - I would highly recommend checking out my husband's duds.

The actual bags that he got were these ones:
Camera (now turned diaper) Bag
Fake Arcteryx waist bag




This photo shows what I usually carry in my bag (4 diapers, burp cloth, hooter hider, change of clothes for Cara, socks, plastic bag, change pad, sippy cup, 2 dinosaurs, wallet, wipes, soother, nail clipper, tissue).








It all fits, with room to spare! I usually have to add phone, keys, snacks, and extra jackets to the mix, but it'd fit it in easily. I probably could even put the iPad in there too.

Please note: This particular version comes with a small compass... so for those who are directionally challenged, you may consider this model.








This Farcteryx (fake arcteryx) waist bag was also another great find - because when Cara gets a little older, all I really need to carry around are the wipes, diapers, wallet, keys, and water/snacks for the longer days.





**I'd like to add, that I'm new to all this blogging stuff, but Joe has informed me that he's set up an affiliate account for DX so please use any of the links I've posted on here so Joe can redeem himself from his failed purchases!

1 comment:

  1. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. best diaper bags 2018

    ReplyDelete