Monday, July 11, 2011

Photographers

We had a busy week and weekend, so I decided to make today a rest a home day. The kids need it, and I need it. It's also nice not to be breastfeeding on some park bench, restaurant, or mall... or do diaper changes in our trunk, ground... anywhere that's flat really. Home is nice.

While we're at home, we just take it easy, I do try to get things done, but I spend quality time with Colin too. (Don't worry, I do have another child, but all Cara does is eat, sleep, poo, looks cute, and jolly jumps).

One of the things he absolutely loves is to play with his 'new blocks' (i.e. LEGO). He builds a lot of stuff now, giraffes, airplanes, camels... mommy seals breastfeeding baby seals... the usual.

He wanted me to show him how to build a camera today. So I obliged, and build him a pretty awesome camera.

I thought I did a reasonable job building a camera that represented a fairly realistic camera. But Colin started to make some.... adjustments. He was happy I built it for him, but he wanted to make it... 'better'.

I was a little confused why he added so much. That wasn't normal... most of the animals or structures he builds are fairly realistic interpretations of the actual things. I totally thought the weird stick coming out the top was awkward, maybe he wanted to add a giraffe on top? Or he wanted a tower? But then I understood. He wasn't out in left field at all.....









He really did build a camera. One of Daddy's cameras.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Alex plays with Legos about 6 hours every day. The best toy ever made!)

    ReplyDelete