Monday, July 18, 2011

Indoor Playground - Part Deux

As I post this, I am actually dreading the next 24 hours to come. Both kids have fevers, and both kids are FINALLY sleeping (after a very stressful day of going back and forth comforting one, and then the other). I actually wrote Joe this email today at 1:30pm:

'it's been a miserable day. the kind of miserable that i want to just go out for dinner. alone. and drink a ton of wine. even though i don't like wine. it's been exceptionally challenging, and i'm just going to say they are both FINALLY not crying in unison, and asleep. so i'm going to sleep now. the play date JUST finished. so i'm going to not clean up, and just sleep. so don't freak out if i don't answer your texts or answer your calls. I am not in the mood for any moods. i am still friendly, but if you tick me off i will blow up like a bomb. i'm jsut warning you.'

And Joe.... oh my husband Joseph... he's a darling. He didn't tick me off. In fact he made me smile. I'm still smiling when I see it (behind me).

We gave Colin some medicine, so he perked up a little bit and Joe offered to build his indoor playground once again. And they were talking, and Joe asked Colin what he'd like to build. He wanted a swing. Hmmm... toughie. Apparently, not for my safety hazard family.

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh with your email. "I am still friendly." Who says that to their husbands? You just dealt with 2 sick kids so I don't think you need to be friendly!

    Yah, that swing is not exactly a good idea. Just get Joe to take Colin to the park instead. Much easier that way... And no clean up.

    Well I hope the kiddies get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tooooooo funny. And I think I've sent an email like that myself.

    ReplyDelete