Thursday, June 30, 2011

Saga of the Snot




If you ever see Colin or Cara with their noses dripping with snot, please don't judge me. If you don't have children, and you think it's disgusting that any parent can let their child out in public with snot going to their mouth and they don't do anything about it... I'll tell you why.

It never ends. In fact, it completely mystifies me that such a small human being can produce so much mucus. Scientists really need to find a way to harness energy from snotty children - the world would never run out of energy.

I do, in fact, wipe the snot. I wipe it many many many times, I roll it up, wipe, dab, pick - I do it all. I am a pro snot surgeon. There is an art to it. You can't wipe too hard, or else you'll start to rub the skin too much, so you have to be gentle enough. But you have to have enough force to make sure you wipe it all off in one fell swoop, or else the snot just migrates to another part of the face.

And you have to do all this, with an unwilling subject.

And just as you feel like you've accomplished the task with flying colours.... it appears again almost instantly. So, I'm left with either using up tissue every 2 minutes for the next 8 days, or... letting my child's nose run a little on occasion.

So, don't give me the stink eye - my children are not neglected, I'm not a disgusting human being... I just don't have enough tissue on me to keep the snot at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment