Friday, May 6, 2011

supermom

Normally I'm not supermom. I really am a lazy mommy, and the positive spin on that is - I want my children to be independent and they need to learn that at a young age. I'm not the soccer mom that can 'do it all'... in fact I am so far from that supermom that if she saw how I lived she'd gag and run away screaming in the other direction.

but. (proceed with caution... this does not happen very often in this house)

We woke up early, I baked muffins for breakfast, then went to Bible Study, came home and prepared a nutritious lunch, put the kids down for a nap, made won tons from scratch (to freeze for a rainy day), and then prepared a hearty and healthy dinner.

But don't think this is a regular occurrence... just a few days ago we had nothing in this house (I had been sick with the stomach flu so I wasn't eating or grocery shopping)... and this is what we made for dinner: frozen dumplings, 1 frozen portion of M&M's beef wellington, 1 frozen portion of M&M's French onion soup, and Cheerios.

I know I can't keep up with the supermom activity, but it does feel refreshing to be a little organized and energized. But there are definitely the days where I am far from that standard of perfection - and we still survive, and are happy.

On a side note, here are some of the recipes I used today:

Apple Cranberry Muffins
Roasted Cauliflower Soup

Won Tons: I made it up myself -
napa cabbage
shrimp
chives
lean ground pork
ginger
salt
egg
won ton wrappers

3 comments:

  1. yay, supermom :) glad you're feeling better
    I love M&M - great food for any day when I don't feel like cooking

    ReplyDelete
  2. My recipe for Wontons:
    Go into the factory and hold a bag to the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nate - i'd like that option too, if i had employees that made my dim sum for me. :) I guess I can always send colin to intern there as your apprentice?

    ReplyDelete