Thursday, May 12, 2011

not complaining... but...







I want to blame facebook for the root of all my envy and jealousy. I often read other moms' status updates, and they go something like this: "off to the spa!", "great run today", "lovely time hanging with my girlfriend at coffee", "getting my hair done", oh, and the best is: "going to (fill in your favorite travel destination)! will miss my baby" (yeah... boo hoo hoo to you)..... etc.



1. who ARE these people?
2. where are their children?
3. who has them?

You know who you are. Don't deny it... it's okay to show off how great your life is - but little jealous ol' me just wants to know.... HOW?

Am I the only one that wonders this? Are all the other moms out there doing 'me' things and somehow just manage to clean the house, do laundry, change diapers, clean, and prepare meals among other things, and just 'pop' into the spa? tell me. please tell me. i want to be part of your exclusive club.

I have had a gift certificate for Spa Utopia, that was given to me as a gift.... before Colin arrived (so January 2009). Do you think I've used it yet? No. Do I want to? Yessssssssssss. Why don't I get a sitter? My mom does help watch the kids, especially when Joe and I are on weekend wedding shoots. How about dumping my kids on someone? I have 2 and one is only 3 months old. How about hubby watching them? His job is already as stressful as it is... I think watching 2 kids at once for a couple of hours would make his head pop like a pimple.... plus if he's awake and attentive I'd like to spend that time with him with the kids - it's very rare!

so. tell me. all you moms that have the leisure to do something by yourself... what is your secret?

1 comment:

  1. you are too funny Sharon! lol
    Well, I signed up for a 'meditation' class on Thursday nights and it runs for 2 hours. Rain, shine or earthquake I GO. By signing up to something hubby HAS to be home and HAS to take care of our bundle until I come back. Having an evening that you do 'something' wouldn't work because if it is not 'paid' for you will soon find the excuses why you should cancel it and so on. In a nutshell: Paid=must do!

    ReplyDelete