Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Journey to the East: Day 1 - the lost phone









It's been a couple of days since we've arrived back, but I've had to catch up with our ChicGeek Photo clients, and then the flurry of Thanksgiving activity, along with settling the kids back into Pacific time.

I'll just post a day at a time, so that I don't overwhelm you loyal viewer... and you know, to keep you wanting and coming back for more.

Our first day wasn't much of a day, but I'll ease myself into blogging after not having done it for over a week. Good flight - thank you Air Canada! And the kids were great. Cara slept for the first 2 hours, and then Colin slept... well, he also took all 3 seats so there was a point on the flight were Joe and I were standing in the back wondering how it was that we paid for 3 seats, yet we were both not sitting in them.

Oh, and if you didn't follow me on Facebook, I lost my phone on the plane. I was hoping there would be some honest and kind soul out there that would find and return it - but it appears SOMEONE is in for some serious lightning bolts. I was saying to a friend, that I hope that at least he/she had starving children so the money that went towards selling my stolen phone goes towards that. If not, and it went towards illegal activity... well I hope karma hits them bad. I'm not a super-Christian, so I can't say I forgive that easily. Starving children I can forgive. Drugs, I hope you get stung by a swarm of bees.

Anyway, losing something of such high value tests a marriage. And for the record, Joe and I are still married. So, we rode this one out. He was great though.... yes, I'm certain there was anger about the situation, but he never directed it towards me. I'm so grateful I've got a very understanding husband. (one of the Thanksgiving thankfulness things).

So, we arrived in Newark around 10pm, and were welcomed with open arms, and delicious food prepared by Joe's cousin!! It was pretty awesome to be fed home cooking.

Anyway, not that exciting, now that I'm reliving losing my phone I kind of feel crummy... so I'm going to stop blogging and cry a river.

No comments:

Post a Comment