Monday, February 27, 2012

The Story of a Pinata

I haven't blogged in a while. Well, there were 2 kids with birthdays in February, so you can imagine how busy it has been. For Colin's birthday, I asked him what he wanted. He was allowed to wish for ONE thing. I was thinking of a toy. Or a game, or going somewhere special (like Koko's) or food. He loves treats, Pocky or really - anything he wanted I thought I was able to guess and just go out and buy it. Well, he told me. He wanted.... a piñata.

Seriously kid? A Piñata??? Where, and what and how do you know about piñatas?

Regardless, he is one of the apples of my eyes, and I would do just about anything for this boy. Even a frikkin Piñata. So, here is the story, of a triceratops piñata.





It didn't start off very promising. I was a bit deflated, as it started to look like a flying pig with a cape blowing in the wind.





I then asked my neighbour to use their newspapers - I was going to fix this thing, and do some serious plastic surgery. A nose job here..





A butt implant there....





some horny additions





And a final coat of tissue paper and paint makes it a for shizzle rizzle be-dazzled piñata.


I actually let Colin paint something abstract on it afterwards. And, instead of letting 3 year olds bat it to death (my poor husband would probably lose several appendages), I had a trap door with random strings for them to pull. I'll post the final photo from the party in a later blog. But this is all I have for now. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment