Friday, December 23, 2011

Joe's Best Birthday Present

No, it wasn't from me. Actually, nobody would have been able to think of it. But Colin, the apple of Joe's eye - made his birthday something special. When Joe was putting Colin to bed, they talked about Jesus (we've been making more of an effort these days to make Christmas being Jesus' Birthday).

We read him the story of the birth of Christ, and in the end explain to him that he was really really special. I don't have all the details - but Joe came down after having put him down, and his eyes were smiling. Apparently, Colin had told Joe that 'Jesus lives in his heart-house'.

I may try as hard as I might to save my son from anything; pain, hunger, bullies, baggy pants with his underwear showing - but I cannot give him Salvation. Only Christ can, and although he may not grasp the whole concept yet, he is on his way - and I hope and pray that he will grow up to be a man that loves Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment